With the QuikStor Cloud credit card information, once a transaction has been sent to the processor, any reversals or chargebacks initiated by the tenant will not automatically update in your software.
The credit card company will send you a notification that the chargeback (tenant initiated reversal) has occured. To process a credit card chargeback in QuikStor Cloud, follow these steps:
- Locate the payment you need to reverse.
- Click Undo on the payment that was reversed.
- Verify the details are correct. If so, make sure the slider for “Send to Payment Processor?” is in the OFF position.
- Click Confirm
- Enter your notes
Adding a Chargeback Fee
The process above will correct the tenants paid to date and account balance but, it will not add any fees. If you wish to charge your tenant a fee for the chargeback, you may do so by following these steps:
- From the tenant dashboard, navigate to the unit.
- Click Other Options -> Tenant Debit/Credit
- Click the debit tab and enter the amount you wish to charge the tenant in the appropriate category. In this example, I have a Chargeback Fee category configured and have added a $35 charge in that field.
- Click Submit to continue
- Enter your notes and press OK.
- You can now click on the word Balance in the tenant information window to view your tenants balance. It will look something like this.